I turned 50, and realized I have so much yet to learn, explore, experience, share and live! How empowering is that?







Monday, January 25, 2010

Do It Now!

I heard those words the other day from one of my students at a barre workout studio where I teach. I hear it all the time, and it’s part of lululemon’s manifesto, but this time, those three words pierced me deeply.
After class I learned that my student was getting ready to travel to Italy. Her sister surprised her with the trip and she was taking her children as well. “Wow!”, I told her. “I have been dreaming of going for so long.”
My husband and I celebrated our 25th anniversary a few years ago, and I was hoping that we could celebrate in Italy. I made it one of my goals for the year, and we even made plans to go with another couple. But as the date approached, it didn’t seem likely to happen. Life took over, and there were so many other things that zapped our savings. My husband was on disability for over two years, and it really affected our finances. Our anniversary came and went. The couple we were going to go with went without us. “Oh well”, I thought. “Maybe once we get back on our feet we’ll go.”
It’s been 2 years, and Italy has turned into a “someday” goal once again. Until that day in class, that is.
You see, after I told my student how much my husband and I wanted to go, she said “Do it now”! She and her husband always said they’d go someday too, but then he passed away before they ever got the chance, which is why her sister is taking her and her children. I realized I had to just find a way and go!
What might you be putting off for someday? “Do it now”, before you miss the opportunity. I’ve already begun checking out airfare and dates, and I just signed up to take Italian for travel. I’m so excited!
Buon viaggio!
This entry was written by Tori, posted on April 16, 2009 at 7:20 am, filed under goal setting. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL

No comments:

Post a Comment