I turned 50, and realized I have so much yet to learn, explore, experience, share and live! How empowering is that?







Monday, January 25, 2010

Is Youth Wasted on the Young?

I was reading a fiction novel the other day, and in it a wise old Irishman said, “It’s not that youth is wasted on the young, but that the young waste youth!” That got me thinking. Is this true? I’m sure that no one sets out to deliberately waste their youth, but somehow all of us find ourselves getting old and wondering where our youth went.

So how does one make sure that at the end of the day, one can look back and say I lived life to its fullest potential?

One way is to make today count for something. The following is a quote someone shared with me. “This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it…let it be something good". –Unknown. Do something today that scares you. Do something today worth remembering tomorrow. It doesn’t have to be big.

Another way is to just slow down a bit. We seem to always be rushing onto the next phase of life, and we miss what’s going on in the moment. Once it’s gone, it’s gone, so don’t miss it! Learn to be present in the moment. Otherwise, you may find yourself wishing you hadn’t wasted your Youth! Youth is relative, by the way.

Country Western music artist Trace Adkins has a song out right now that says it pretty simply. “You’re Gonna Miss This”. Check out his video

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I recognize this posting!
    Oh Tori I LOVE this!!
    I miss you so much already, but life is good up here in Nor Cal.
    Keep up the blogging, and make sure to check out Katie's blog, her's is awesome too. :)
    http://katiejanehenderson.blogspot.com/
    Love ya!
    <3 Cass

    ReplyDelete