I turned 50, and realized I have so much yet to learn, explore, experience, share and live! How empowering is that?







Monday, January 25, 2010

I began blogging a month before I turned 50. Here is that first blog orginally posted on another site.

My birthday is on July 9Th. I have 1 month to go till I turn 50! Wow! It seems like just yesterday I turned 40! What happened? I remember thinking last year. "I have a whole year before I turn 50". Jim already turned 50, so I somehow felt safe. Although I knew it was looming.

Tomorrow is June 9Th, so I'll have exactly 1 month to go. So now what? Well for starters, I've been trying to decide whether or not I want a party. What do I want to do to make it special? A big trip is being scheduled for next year. Italy! I've never been to Italy, and have been wanting to go for so long. I have finally decided that if I am going to go, it is up to me to plan it. So next year it is.

But what does that leave me for this year? I kept dropping hints to my husband about it. I kept saying my birthday is coming up soon!! When he turned 50 last year, he said he didn't really want to do anything. Our daughter and I planned a very intimate party with close friends and family. Nothing major. He knows that I want to have a party, but he just is not taking the hints! I finally mentioned it to my daughter, and she is willing to help plan it, but I still need to decide what I want to do.

Why does it feel like so much pressure? It's not every day that one turns 50, so I guess it's to be expected. I don't have a very large budget, so that limits my options. I know I'd like to have dancing! I love to dance, and I can't think of a better way to celebrate feeling as good as I do at 50 than dancing up a storm. I've got the date set, July 11Th. I sent out a save the date Evite, so I'm sure something will come together.

I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment